Went on search the other day to see if there was an alternative to 3Ds max’s physics system, Reactor. I soon came across Physx from Nvidia. Its currently still in public beta which means you can download it for free once you sign up to the nvida developer zone (You can also Google the links).
So I’ve been meaning to update the old DigitalAnthill look since I started my new job.. that was 8 months ago now! I finally had a weekend where I was free and it was raining so I was encouraged to stay indoors. This was a perfect opportunity to get the job done. Alex was about too so I asked for his help in designing a logo and identity for me. First we went through various fonts trying to find one which was suitable. At first we chose neue Helvetica and Alex played around with the position of the text until he came up with the current look.
Helvetica looked good but I didn’t really want it, so we looked some more. Finally came across Code Pro. I loved it as first sight, so we did a quick mock up and it worked perfectly. I decided I might as well purchase it. Got the full font family for £30. Not a bad deal I think.
We then continued to fiddle with the poisoning till it looked sweet. It was looking slightly off balance next to the top right L so we stuck in a ® for good measure. Yes I know DigitalAnthill is not a registered trade mark but hey it looks cool, so what ever. If anyone asks, it stands for Rob ;)
Past couple of days at Tribe I’ve been busy working on the last two exhibition stand concepts. Tracey who works at tribe again came up the floor plan and style. Simon provided me with the graphics that are on each vertical panel.
A few months back Simon at Tribe came to me with a cool brief. It was basically to produce two lines that flow around in a 3D space. It would be used as the background on a holding page for the company Parallel Pictures.
Simon did the design and Ben sorted the code.
The site has recently gone live! Below is a screen grab of the finished holding page. Here’s a link to the site (It may have changed).
This week has been super hectic at Tribe! I have a lot of different projects running simultaneously at the moment. One project that needed to be done before I left for the the Alps was a 3Dvisualisation concept for a exhibition stand.
So there’s been slow and steady progress with the bear I’ve been modelling for waste studio. Any spare time I get on the train I will spend fiddling with the vertexes.. He might not look all that different from the renders in the last post but trust me a lot of tweaking had gone on to make him as smooth as he is.. Continue Reading →